THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWNSHIP OF BECKWITH
APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITION ARE INVITED
CHIEF BUILDING OFFICIAL / BY-LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER
Reporting directly to the Chief Administrative Officer, the CBO will carry out the statutory duties of the position. The successful candidate will administer and enforce the provisions of the Building Code Act, the Ontario Building Code (OBC), and the municipal Building By-law; review applications, issue permits; conduct site inspections, issue orders, maintain accurate records, investigate and enforce applicable legislation and specified by-laws. The full job description is available at www.twp.beckwith.on.ca
- All or at least some of the following Ministry courses (Legal-CBO, Plumbing-all buildings, HVAC-house, Small Buildings, etc); the municipality may consider training opportunities
- 2 year college diploma in engineering technologies (or similar field) or comparable work experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the OBC and other applicable laws/by-laws
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and plans
- Valid Ontario Drivers License
- Good computer and record management skills
The ideal candidate will have the ability to deal effectively with the general public, contractors, and construction industry professionals. This position could also include Bylaw enforcement responsibilities depending on the applicant’s experience and qualifications.
The salary range for this position is $71,837.73 to $86,321.73 up to a 40 hour work week and a competitive benefit package is available.
The deadline to receive written applications is Wednesday, May 31st, 2023.
Cassandra McGregor, CAO/Clerk
Township of Beckwith
1702 9th Line Beckwith
Carleton Place, ON K7C 3P2
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only for employment purposes.
The Township of Beckwith is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation throughout any part of the recruitment process, please contact the CAO/Clerk
to let us know how we may assist you. All information received relating to requests for accommodation will be addressed confidentially.