2022 MUNICIPAL / SCHOOL BOARD TRUSTEE ELECTIONS
Monday, October 24th, 2022 is Election Day for municipalities and School Board Trustees across the Province of Ontario. For the Township of Beckwith the following positions may be available to vote for depending upon the nominations papers that are filed on or before Nomination Day.
- Reeve (1 position)
- Deputy Reeve (1 position)
- Councillor (3 positions)
- School Board Trustee (English Public and English Catholic)
- School Board Trustee (French Public and French Catholic)
To become a candidate for the office of reeve, deputy reeve, councillor, or school board trustee candidates must file a prescribed ‘Nomination Paper—Form 1’. It must be filed by the candidate or by an agent acting on the candidate’s behalf, in person, with the Clerk at the Township of Beckwith Municipal Office, or the stipulated municipal office for school board trustee candidates, during regular office hours, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., the exception being Nomination Day, Friday, August 19th, 2022 from 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Candidates must pay a filing fee at the time of filing (cash, certified cheque, or money order) when they submit their nomination papers.
- The filing fee for a candidate running for reeve is $200.
- The filing fee for a candidate running for deputy reeve, councillor, or school board trustee is $100.
Deadline for Withdrawal of Nomination
The deadline to withdraw a nomination is Friday, August 19th, 2022, at 2:00 p.m.
A withdrawal of nomination must be submitted in writing with the original signature of the candidate, and in person by the candidate or their agent to the Municipal Office where nomination papers were originally filed.
Requirements for Nomination of Reeve, Deputy Reeve, or Councillor:
A person is eligible to be a candidate for reeve, deputy reeve, or councillor if they are:
- A resident of the Township of Beckwith, or an owner or tenant of land in the Township of Beckwith, or the spouse of such an owner or tenant;
- A Canadian citizen;
- At least 18 years old; and
- Not legally prohibited from voting.
Endorsement of Nominations for Reeve, Deputy Reeve, or Councillor
Nomination papers for candidates running for the office of reeve, deputy reeve, or councillor must be submitted with an ‘Endorsement of Nomination—Form 2’ with at least 25 eligible electors endorsing the nomination.
Things Needed for Filing Municipal Council Candidate Nomination Papers:
- A completed ‘Nomination Paper—Form 1’;
- A completed ‘Endorsement of Nomination—Form 2’ (not applicable for school board trustee candidates);
- A completed ‘Declaration of Qualifications’ Form;
- A completed ‘Consent to Release Personal Information’ Form;
- The filing fee; and
- Proof of identity.
Am I eligible to vote?
A person is entitled to be an elector at an election held in a local municipality, if on Voting Day, he or she is:
- a Canadian citizen
- at least 18 years of age
- resides within the municipality or an owner or tenant of land there, or the spouse of such owner or tenant and is not otherwise prohibited from voting.
On the Voting List?
Please visit voterlookup.ca to see if you are on the voters list for the 2022 Municipal and School Board Elections. If you are not on the list, please contact the Clerk at the Beckwith Township Office, 613-257-1539 email@example.com to make arrangements to get added.
Election Employment Opportunity
A team of more than 25 people will be needed to fill a variety of election positions. This is a great opportunity to serve your community, gain new skills and earn a little extra income. Visit the Township website for more information on how to apply.
The Official List of Candidates – Official List of Certified Candidates 2022_0001
|Office of Reeve (1 position)||Qualifying Address||Telephone|
|Kidd, Richard||706 Kidd Road||613-223-8555||Acclaimed|
|Office of Deputy Reeve (1 position)||Qualifying Address||Phone Number|
|Dowdall, Brian||2073 6th Line Beckwithfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mousseau, Sharon||622 Bluebird Hill Rdemail@example.com|
|Office of Councillor (3 Positions)|
|Campbell, C. Faye||153 Catharine Avenuefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Campbell, Timothy K.||1258 7th Line Beckwithemail@example.com|
|Doraty, Trevor||9600 Highway 15||613-715-1340||Trevordoraty@hotmail.com|
|McKenna-Kelso, Jessica||838 Kidd Road||613-884-1450||Jessica.Beckwith@hotmail.com|
|Nicholson-Watson, Kerri||993 Ferguson Roadfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rose, Erin||290 Denise Crescentemail@example.com|
|Trimble, Ross||545 Lake Avenue Eastfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|English Public School Board|
|English Separate School Board|
|French Separate School Board|
|French Public School Board|
Declaration of Acclamation – French Public School Board
Voters List Notice – Notice of Voters List
MPAC’s role and responsibilities relating to municipal and school board elections ~ MSR_Enumeration_Handout
Most up to date toolkit for Voter Look Up ~ VoterlookupToolKit
How is the Voters’ List generated?
- The Voters’ List is generated using information from the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC). The Township will receive this information in the summer of 2022.
- If you wish to verify your information in the interim, please visit MPAC’s voterlookup.ca or call MPAC at the following:
- 1 866 296-MPAC (6722); or
- 1 877 889-MPAC (6722) TTY.
Prior to August 12, 2022, you can add yourself to the Preliminary List of Electors through voterlookup.ca
If after August 12, 2022, please complete the Application to Amend the Voters’ List Form – EL15 at the Municipal Office.
Once you have registered and are on the Voters’ List:
You will receive a Voter Information Letter in the fall of 2022. This package will contain:
- Information and instructions on how to cast your electronic ballot during the voting period;
- A list of voting dates and locations; and
- Identification requirements.
If I haven’t registered before Election Day and I am not on the Voters’ List, can I still vote?
- You can still vote in the 2022 Municipal and School Board Election if you have not registered or are not on the Voters’ List prior to Election Day.