The Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) facility will open May 2024 until September 2024.
The Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) facility located at 128 Patterson Crescent is open on Saturday’s from 8:00 a.m. to 12 noon for the season. Be prepared to show identification.
There are a few new requirements when using the depot:
- Residents are asked to have their waste items in cardboard boxes, or other containers that they do not want returned. Bins and containers will not be returned, this includes waste oil containers.
- Residents are asked to have their waste ready in the rear of their vehicle, clearly identified.
- Proof of residency is required! The Household Hazardous Waste facility is limited to residents of Carleton Place, Mississippi Mills, Beckwith, Drummond/North Elmsley, Montague, Smiths Falls, and Perth only.
- We are asking everyone to be patient with HHW staff as we are anticipating a large volume of vehicles during the initial weeks that the facility will be open.
The Hazardous Waste Depot is open on Saturdays beginning the end of May to the start of September from 8:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. (noon) located at 128 Patterson Crescent (Town of Carleton Place). Beckwith residents will be required to show proof of address.
Household hazardous waste is any product that is poisonous, corrosive, flammable or explosive and included items such as:
|Fluorescent Tubes and Bulbs
|Paints, Coatings,(and their containers)
|Fungicides (and their containers)
|Antifreeze (empty containers)
|Herbicides (and their containers)
|Portable Fire Extinguishers
|Antifreeze (and the containers)
|Insecticides (and their containers)
|Pressurized Containers (propane tanks and cylinders)
|Automatic Transmission Fluid
|Beverage Gas Tanks
|Lubricating Oil Containers (of 30L or less)
|Single Use Dry Cell Batteries
|Medical Lab Gas Tanks
|Solvent (and their containers)
|Specialty Gas Tanks
|Car Wax (with solvent)
|Used Oil Filters
|Oil Paint Stain
|Used Motor Oil
|Windshield Washer Fluid
|Fertilizers (and their containers)
|Pesticides (and their containers)
The following items are NOT acceptable:
* Fluorescent Light Ballasts
* Smoke Detectors
* Construction Waste
Please contact Carleton Place Public Works at 613-257-2253, if you have any questions.